Believe me, I am not exaggerating and you're the first person I am writing a message of appreciation to. I love everything about your painting - the tones of the water, the depth of the clouds, the composition, the emotion it gives me. I couldn't take my eyes off it for a few minutes.
Thank you for sharing this piece. I think it will change my view of paintings - I couldn't feel a thing when I visited the National Gallery in London but your painting really hit me hard
2) Thanks God pictures that i don't understand costs millions and something like this one is affordable(i think it is).
3) Your acrylics always look so blendy, I would think they were oils. Excellent work!
4) You did a great job of capturing when that one bit of sunlight gets through the clouds and makes it look like the water is almost glowing
5) I love the turmoil of the sea! J.MW. Turner inspiration? His work is my favorite. If you haven't seen it, I would definitely recommend checking it out.
Edit: The comparison to Ivan Aivazovsky from the other user is more accurate, since Turner's oceans were impressionist and less detailed
6) Look up Ivan Konstantinovich Aivazovsky. OP's painting looks very inspired by his work. If not it's an uncanny similarity.
7) That little swirl on the right looks like part of the wave running away screaming.
8) Another awesome ocean painting. I love the light and colors of the water. Great job once again.
9) Wow this is incredible! Fantastic work op
10) This is my home screen and lock screen now. Thanks
11) Awesome! I love that :)
12) I really like the way you utilized such brilliant white to heavily contrast the ocean wave cresting against the dull grey expanse behind it. Very dramatic painting that has a kinetic edge that I find thrilling. Well done. I'm loving this piece. I love the cyan color with the dark grays and sand color. I would definitely hang this up in my home.
13) I never comment on this sub but I burst out loud "Ooo...I really like that" while mindlessly scrolling through RES. Just thought I'd let you know...I really,really like it!
14) That's beautiful.I get a slightly melancholical feeling, while looking at this. Now I want to go outside and dance in the rain while listening to Elliot Smith. Thank you!
15)Really great juxtaposition between the springy hue of the blue sea and the dark mystique of the low rolling clouds -- really terrific work, thanks for sharing with us!!
P.S This was beautifully encapsulated by the title "Dangerous Beauty"
Awesome!! Would love a poster of this of print. Would just need a link :)
Nice, it's very Winslow Homer-esque to me.
16) I'm not an artist but had to comment here- this is absolutely beautiful. Perfect combination of turbulent ocean and stormy skies, I've wanted a piece like this for ages. Well done!
17)i dont comment a lot here, but this is a beauty. thanks for sharing
love the colours~
18)Very pretty piece!
19)This is wonderful, really! Great job
20)Gorgeous, love the water details
21)Nice! I like the waves how they are in the middle of movement. It creates a nice scenery.
23)Thought this was real there for a minute, GREAT job!
24)Is this for sale?
25)Sweet! Love how the waves. You capture the motion perfectly. Lovely use of color.
26)Water and the ocean are one of the harder things to paint for me. You did a great job!
27)Great work, I really like the water effect at the top. Is that based off a real species of fish?
28)Wooo sooo beautiful art.
29)Fantastic! This is super awesome!
30)You are very talented you should do videos maybe thats how you can build your portfolio.
31)the water is so pure. I love it
32)i dont comment a lot here, but this is a beauty. thanks for sharing
love the colours~
33)Brilliant! How long did this take u?
34)Love the underwater scene and colors of the ocean-truly awesome
35)Very pretty piece!
36)composition is great
37)You nailed the colour of the sea. I want to be in it
39)Someone who understands the ocean.
40)Inspired (I'm guessing) by the greatest naval painter ever: Ivan Aivazovsky.
41)Fantastic work on the ocean.
42)If you sell these, I most certainly want a link.